Re: 'Gold Tide' Forsythia

> One website lists Gold Tide as Forsythia x 'Courtacour'  , another as F. x
> 'courtesol'

It's definitely 'Courtasol'.

> What I remember from childhood definitely had some suspensa in its parentage,
> but was not nearly as large.

I couldn't think of any others offhand, so I pulled out Krussmann and
looked at his listings.  The only possibility I see is F. x intermedia
'Mirabilis' (which is slightly nodding).

I was taught to ID Forsythia by pith color and whether or not it's chambered;
I don't suppose as a child you cut open a stem and checked?  ;)