Re: Vet news

Lynda and Donna,
Thanks for your thoughts for Micky. My vet said that now they have a
shot we can give them I think, instead of pills. He always has the
latest on things.

Re  > Since he is an indoor cat, gave  up. hum.
Check my other reply.  It seems indoor cats may be more susceptible.

Re >Don't  understand why they can't do the same
>thing they do to dogs who get this?
The other reply also addresses this.  Cat physiology is different.

My vet said that in 2004 (most recent data) information from 22 pet
hospitals in Indiana showed about 8,000 cases of heartworm in cats that
year. He said that extrapolates to 20-30,000 actual cases attributed to
clinics not included in the data and to non-reporting. Those are high
enough figures I think, to look into what might be available to protect
your pets.

Kitty

--
Kitty