Re: It's quiet...toooo quiet

Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

Here's a bulb question for you. I've noticed in several catalogs now
that Erlicheer daffodils are being touted as blooming in the summer.
I've grown Erlicheer for 20 plus years and in my garden, it blooms a
good two or three weeks earlier in the spring than other daffodils (I
figured that was why the name). My friend has some and they bloom at the
same time as mine. Old House Gardens catalog doesn't say anything about
it blooming in summer. So...what's the deal?
My Erlicheer (Narcissus) are always early, second only to Rijnveld's
Early Sensation; the latter flowered for me about 3 weeks ago in our
(fake) early winter.
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher