What I saw today...

Sarasota has a large enclave of Amish citizens. Most seem to have adopted modern ways and drive pickup trucks like the rest of us but many have not, and since you can't keep a horse in the city, those adhering to the old ways have taken to riding adult tricycles when they go on errands. Driving through the Amish neighborhood means driving very watchfully because the tricycles are everywhere. It's always an interesting sight.

What I saw today was this: an Amish woman, in her long flowing dress and white bonnet, rode her tricycle up to a bank's drive-up window. I don't know why, but it made me smile.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10