Re: Chicago again

LOL!

It really was warm while you where here. Seriously! It was 57 but add
that wind factor and it was like 45. Right now it is 5 and going down to
2 overnight... add the windchill and we will be around minus 20. Now
that is cold!

Last month had alot of cold weather, so my heating bill was 212. The
month before was 103. Not really all that much in comparson. We have
3400 sq ft according to my husband, but he is counting the basement or
something... cause this isn't a large house.

Those holes are called 'potholes' and yes, this year due to the
cold/warm/wet cycle we are in are worse than normal. They actually have
claim forms to send in for repairing your car reinbursement.

I hope you do come out some summer. There is plenty to see/do along lake
shore drive area....but then it is construction season... to fix all
those potholes.

  Glad you survived the trip!

  Donna

David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net> wrote:
  Hey folks

I am back from Chicago and we had a great time. Boy, is it cold there.
OMG! Donna I don't know where you were feeling 50's but it wasn't in
Waukegan that's for sure. One negative note: Those are the worst roads I
have ever seen. Is that because of frost heave? I have never seen such a
torn up road and to think your governor is thinking of a health care
plan. Maybe you have to have one from the whiplash you get when you fall
into one of those holes.

I really like Chicago. I would like to see it with some leaves on trees
one day but from what I did see of it I would love to explore the area.
The Lake Rd. is beautiful. We went to the Science and Tech Museum and
what a tremendous museum. I can tell you we don't have anything like it
here. Truly magnificent. Also found perhaps one of the best Italian
restaurants I have ever eaten in. Also a great steak house that was
reasonably priced in Gurnee.

We only went into Chicago twice because it was an hour drive from where
we were staying and my son had to be back at certain times or they shoot
him from a cannon or something so we didn't want to chance it.

Here's a question: How in the world do you people afford to heat your
homes? Here with just my wife and I our combined electricity and gas
bill is $350 per month most of that is for lights etc not gas. We use a
gas fireplace for heat when watching tv. but I can't imagine what you
have to do when the temps are in the 20's and teens like all the time.

Lastly, I was sorry to hear about those poor kids at that school not
that far from where we were staying. I just wish the shooters would
spare the middle man and shoot themselves first and then go for the
innocent victims.

DF