-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:37 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Surprises

I guess I should read the weather forecast more often. After a gorgeous
weekend a front moved in and it has been steadily getting colder. I
watched the sky all yesterday hoping for clear skies so we could see the
lunar eclipse last night, and we had nothing but scattered clouds all
day. I was pretty surprised to get home and find water running down the
roads - it must have rained hard at our house sometime in the afternoon.
The sheep are back in the swamp and the horse pens are mostly a lake.
Sigh.
We did see the eclipse though, nice and clear.
So this morning we were supposed to leave for work early, but husband
goes out to feed and comes back to say one of our sheep has lambed
during the night. She couldn't do this when it's warm and dry, no, had
to be when it's wet, windy and cold. We checked them out - one ewe lamb,
already on her feet but not quite dry yet. I was hoping for twins but
one healthy lamb is fine too.  She was still in the time window where
she might deliver another, but probably not, and we had to get going.
Wonder what we'll find when we get home tonight?

Cyndi