Re: new cover

Is this the best time to dig and separate hostas?
I promised to share a start of Sum and Substance. She gave me my first start and hers has died out.
Tricia
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] new cover

I finally finished digging out the Hosta bed I planted 12 yrs ago that needed rejuvenating. I replanted a few divisions but potted most for sale. So I knew I needed some new varieties. Hostas actually tend to multiply more if you keep dividing them.

HThe items I'm hoping will be good multipliers are
Hosta Hanky Panky
Hosta Cherry Berry
Hosta Abiqua Moonbeam
Hosta Liberty
Siberian Iris Silver Edge
Siberian Iris Butter & Sugar
Siberian Iris Eric the Red
Digitalis obscura
Hemerocallis Chorus Line
Salvia Blue Flame
Antirrhinum Dulcinea's Heart
Euphorbia Tasmanian Tiger

These next ones I ordered because I like them.
Pelargonium endlicherianum
Mirabilis multiflorus
Leptinella Platt's Black
Euphorbia x martinii Tiny Tim