Plant Orders

I just placed orders for perennials from High Country Gardens and Digging
Dog. I loved this response from DD:

"Thank you for your order. You'll receive an automated email confirmation of
your order right away.

A real live human being will check your order promptly, and contact you if
necessary. Your card will not be charged until the human has examined your
order." :)

I ordered way too much.  This means that my local purchases will be cut
drastically! One of my local sources, an arboretum sale, was disappointing
last year anyway.

I have not ordered perennials from a mail order nursery for a few years. The
last time was from Gene.  I've got to dig out his lovely catalog ASAP! By
the time I usually get around to ordering, things are sold out!

I was looking at the hostas from Homestead Farms and had picked out a few of
the same ones as Kitty. I'm not sure about ordering hostas online.  I would
like to get at least 3 eyes. I might try some inexpensive varieties from
Homestead. BTW, I think that 'Cherry Berry' might be tender for me.  Does
anyone else know?

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)