Re: Feb

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Feb
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:17:04 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=uR1h54GfUxotR5XbRNg435Ux5Nd7fFAT8ou2FuPD7fo=; b=IIC7aQZGcmlfW6RCF3f2gFMZ0qBpy9vhCOVkEkRz31ZxmNo+S0qwVdhy/D55JcuN5S7p6zK65DinnSgZ0r+kSqzBA+gXq2e3ac88n1H0DwVL0vk1w5VXIgZ6redKaKQFrekr5UZtonyLNj7f85gD287pXbfJ1JkXcBLad6Mj9pA=

I've been pruning all weekend, and weeding.  But it's nice to see all the
new growth starting on all the salvias, phlox, cannas, roses and so forth.
And my big viburnum is budding out big time.  One of my 'Wild Thing' salvias
is blooming already.  C'mon Spring!

> Yesterday I bagged 180 bulbs for the H&G show.  3 kinds of Iris, 2 lilies,
> 1
> Gladiolus, 1 Dahlia, 1 Foxtail Lily.  Seemed to take forever!  Got them
> from
> Netherland Bulb.  Hopefully all will sell or I'll be potting up the
> leftovers.
> Today, some housecleaning, but I am also starting some seeds.  I cleaned
> and
> moved the lightstand to the far back bedroom a month ago.  time to put it
> use.  Today I did 40 cells each of hosta and Indigofera kirilowii.
> That's what we do in Feb up north.
> Kitty
> neIN, Zone 5

Pam Evans