Re: Question

I've had WALD for many years. Great company. Not wireless though, just my regular long distance carrier. I'm on a separate plan for the charities that benefit. In the original plan they would let members vote to select a new set of 40 recipients every year. 10 in each of 4 categories. Very nice. I had them switch me to their animal charities version. We don't get to pick, but the charities that benefit (1% of sales) are worthwhile animal charities.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Question

Working Assets Wireless. A percentage of your bill goes to excellent causes and the service is reasonable. 40 bucks (give or take a few bucks) a month
for 450 minutes which is more than enough for a non-techie like me.
They sent me a Nokia phone (no charge) and I've had it 2 years no problem.
No interruptions in service ever, except one time lint got in the battery
compartment from carrying it in my pocket and once I opened the cover, blew
out the fuzz and closed it up again, it worked like a charm.  And they do
NOT spy on their customers or let the government do it w/out a warrant.
AT&T and Verizon do.
Working Assets utterly rocks.

1) A plan that covers the areas where you will use it.
2) I like the domestic long distance with mine, also
3) "free" minutes to others with Verizon.
4) Make sure you can hear it, conversation & ringtones both. Ed couldn't
use
any of my old cell phones because the ringtones were too high pitched &
the
speaker not loud enough.
5) Do you want it to do anything else? internet access or text messages?
take pictures? play music? I am bitterly disappointed that I have to email
pictures I take with the camera on my phone. I asked if I could download
directly & was mislead on that point. Research the cost associated with
the
extras.
6) How often will you use it? If it's just for emergencies, prepaying
minutes may be less than a monthly plan with a 2 year contract.
7) Voice mail is nice, I use it with the caller ID to screen calls.