Re: More sheep

4 certainly doesn't seem old. I wonder if there's more variation among breeds than age?

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 11:48 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] More sheep

This is her third lambing, so she is around 4, maybe a couple months shy
of that. She had triplets the first time she lambed and twins last year.
I have read that they can be productive for about 10 years, but we've
never kept any that long. We have sold off the whole bunch a couple
times, like when we took a long vacation in England, so we haven't had
any actually get old on us. The other ewe that had triplets this year is
3 yrs old.

Cyndi