From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 8:57 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] GRAND EGGS!

Yeh...I'm going to have to deal with that situation pretty soon. My old
rooster is realllly old (about 9 years old...which is old for a rooster)
and I would like to keep one of the new "doodlers" because he is SO
pretty....but I don't want them fighting. The young one would probably
kill my old one. I ended up with 5 doodlers out of the 13 new chicks.
Gonna have to find some homes for 'em.

Daryl <pulis@mindspring.com> wrote:
  I guess I'm a greatgrandchicken several times over, but I had a head
start -
I've been raising them for more than 20 years. I kept the shell of one
the first eggs around for a long time. I don't know what happened to it.
can still remember the thrill of that first egg. I found it when it was
still warm. And the first grand egg was a thrill, and the first great

Alas, I don't have any more descendents from the original batch. They've
gone on to the big coop in the sky. I have some 2 year olds and 11 month

olds now, and I'll get some new chicks when they come into the local
store. It saves on having to decide what to do with the surplus
I'm too old for that now, and there aren't many people locally that
keep birds. One rooster would be ok, since our old boy died a month or
ago, but two is just too much fighting.

>I think this makes me a Great Grand Chicken or something. Maybe I
> "bronze" one of those little eggs and put it on a platform. (laughing)

Jesse R. Bell

I GoodSearch for Heifer International.