curtains

Although I haven't shpopped for drapery is some time, I am livid with the
current pricing.  Ok, I am cheap.

So it is normal to spend close to a thousand dollars for front room drapery
and shades?  Granted there are 5 windows (3 in the bay area and 2 on the side
walls) but.....none are large windows and this isn't custom made stuff or even
high end fancy things.  Just talking a scarf and side panels.  I see they are
driving the price up by selling each side panel seperate (what happened to
both sides being in the same package??)

Anyone shopped for this type stuff lately?  Any thoughts or comments?

Donna