Re: OT - Buyer beware

  • Subject: Re: OT - Buyer beware
  • From: "Judy Browning" <judylee@lewiston.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:12:16 -0800

Auralie, contact Land'sEnd. They will send you a refund or replace as you wish. They really do stand by their guarantee. ----- Original Message ----- From: <Aplfgcnys@aol.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:09 AM
Subject: [CHAT] OT - Buyer beware

I don't pretend to be a stylish person, but I do try to dress neatly, and
I am sensitive to color combinations - just don't feel comfortable if the
colors don't go right.  I buy most of my clothes from catalogs or online.
For years I have shopped from the Land's End catalog, and been generally
satisfied.  However I have had two disastrous items this winter - both
shirts that I really liked.  First, one began to disintegrate after a few
months'  wear - I don't mean that I wore it non-stop for a month, just
that I had owned it that long.  First the cuffs and the front panel just
began to fray out, then splits developed down the arms and across the
shoulders.  After wearing it a few times under a sweatshirt, I had to give
up. It had just disintegrated. I had liked it, and was disappointed. Now this morning I have observed that another shirt that I haven't had very long
is beginning to go the same way.  Real bummer, because it is just the
right color to go with a favorite outfit.  Both these shirts are labeled
No-Iron Broadcloth, 100% cotton, Made in China.  I've never known
cotton to act this way.  I just wonder if Land's End was misled by
its Chinese suppliers.  I guess I will have to look more carefully at
the source of things from now on.

Checked by AVG.