RE: Frost

  • Subject: RE: Frost
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:34:47 -0800

I am ready for spring, windy though it always is. Today is overcast but
nice, it's about 70. I had to come into work for a while today but I
managed to get a lot of leaves raked and chopped up this morning. The
garden is still not attractive but it looks salvageable! Daffodils are
blooming and because of the giant piles of leaves it looks like I will
have a longer flowering season; some are in full bloom but the buried
ones are just now coming up.
If I get out of here early enough I'm going to plant peas. Actually I'm
going to plant peas if I can find any acceptable seeds at the home
center, I have procrastinated on ordering stuff so long that it's now
too late. Ah well my own fault.
We can have frost up till mid-April but I suspect the worst of it is
over for the year. Here's hoping.

Cyndi