Re: A taste of spring
  • Subject: Re: A taste of spring
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:33:23 EST

We have been able to get out a bit - just enough to keep up.
We will try to make a grocery run this afternoon - it's still
clear and up to about freezing - because tomorrow is going
to be just horrible if the predictions are right.  Our driveway
is just a sheet of ice, but crunchy enough that we can drive
over it, though walking is pretty scary.  The lane is clear
and local roads are pretty good.
Frozen, burst pipes are terrible.  Thank goodness we don't
have to worry about that - good insulation all around.  We
don't open the bedroom window at night on bitter nights,
just to avoid such a possibility.
In a message dated 2/4/2011 12:55:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,