Re: lost??

Here in the Hudson Valley we have been encased in ice despite
a couple of above-freezing days.  Our long driveway was sheathed
with about four inches of ice.  Rain had fallen on the fourteen-or-so
inches of snow and turned it into solid ice.  Today is warmish and
it's beginning to break up a bid.  On the other above-freezing days,
the surface of the ice thawed just enough to be really slippery and
refroze as soon as the sun went down.  In my fifty-odd years in the
area I cannot remember anything quite like it.  We've had deeper
snow at times, but ever such extended cold and never this much
  We have been able to get out, with difficulty, enough to get
essentials, but it's not been easy.
  Add to our problems, both of our printers quit at the same time.
How's that for a bad coincidence.  I ordered two online.  Mine came
and I have it set up and working, thank goodness, but Chet's didn't
come until a week later and he has not been able to get it operating.
We have a technician coming to look at it tomorrow. Bummer.  We
didn't need that.  I might have been able to make it work, but that
would not have been good family politics.
  On the positive side, my Boweia is blooming.  I know this is an
odd taste, but I love the silly-looking thing, and I think it's tiny
blossoms are charming.  Anything that blooms at this time of the
year is special.  Oh yes, I also have an ancient Christmas Cactus
in bloom, which makes another bright spot.
Stay warm,
In a message dated 2/14/2011 12:01:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
justjess01@gmail.com writes:

I'm still here?  The group has been pretty quiet tho.....