Re: Deer repellent
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Deer repellent
  • From: Patricia Dickson <pdickson53@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 22:05:12 -0600

My husband had bought some Liquid Fence to put on my hibiscus but
havent used it until tonight. I have been moving them in and out of the
garage since the last time the deer ate them down. I decided today that
I need to start leaving them out and spray them to see if it will work.
If not I need to give them away to someone with a fence.

Today I planted 2 big split leaf philendendron and one blue plumbago. We
bought 5 of the variegated flax lilies lirio de lino to put out
tomorrow. I sprayed some liquid fence on the philendendron just as a
deterrent for new growth this first night out. I need to find something
that the deer wont eat but can take some shade to plant as a block
between my neighbor and my bedroom window. I can see her light come on
in the kitchen every morning. There is so much to learn about plants
that live here in zone 9 with 30 of rain on average a year but they
have been in a drought for several years now.

Any advice is welcome!!!
Thank you,
Tricia