Re: herbs > antibiotics

I would recommend to all interested in a cross cultural view of this issue that they find the (likely out of print) book - Medicine and Culture: Varieties of Treatment in the United States, England, West Germany, and France, by Lynn Payer. This book explores the interesting fact that the above countries have equivalent life expectancies, but that medical treatments differ enormously.
Cathy