Re: show of hands re: health care

There is nothing wrong with being "cost effective" - we all want the best quality for our dollar. The key is in defining what that means. Unfortunately, nursing has never been successful in marketing our value to a society that, despite lip service, does not value caring, does not value the observational and hands on skills of the nurse.