From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of cathy carpenter
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 10:29 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] show of hands re: health care

There is nothing wrong with being "cost effective" - we all want the
best quality for our dollar. The key is in defining what that means.
Unfortunately, nursing has never been successful in marketing our value
to a society that, despite lip service, does not value caring, does not
value the observational and hands on skills of the nurse.