Re: h. foetidus

Hello Cathy,
    Answer is yes, they are propagated by division ... mostly in European
countries and are far more expensive than seedlings. In fact, division is
the only way to get the exact plant you see in a photo... all else is
close... but.... There are a very few nurseries doing division in the US,
but quantity is low. One must first of all have a mature plant to divide...
that alone is talking *years*. My nicest hellebore in the garden is now
about 12 years old. These babies are slow to bulk up.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com