Re: h. foetidus

Someone mentioned their H. foetiditus only seems to live a few years. That
seems to be the pattern with mine. From seed to mature/blooming is 2 1/2 -3
years, blooms for couple-three years, then dies.
So far the seedlings I've allowed to mature look just like momma, except for
varying in height from 18-36 inches. The tallest ones are some I gave away
so location may have something to do with that.
Mine has the deeply serrated leaves, very dark green, not black. Bloom stalk
& flowers are vivid chartreuse green. Staring to show nicely now & will last
throught the summer. I hope to remember to cut them before the seeds are
ripe. Looks very elegant in a bed with bleeding heart, solomon's seal,
hyacinth & daffodils. Later with hosta & ajuga.
Judy B
Z 6 Idaho was sunny 50F today