Re: Questions...nursery, ornamec, and lenten rose

I absolutely concur with Gene...unless you bought them IN BLOOM, you
likely have seedlings that just aren't old enough.  While I have
never fed my plants, John Dudley says he feeds his a lot, so you
might want to give yours a feeding this spring and another in late
summer when they are forming new roots and flower buds (like around
August).  Don't smother them in fertilizer, but a little dab couldn't

Also, think I need to point out that hellebores are extremely
variable plants and their initial bloom often does not resemble what
their flowers will look like when they are mature clumps.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :

> From: Theresa- yahoo <tchessie@yahoo.com>
> OK- why haven't my hellebores bloomed?  This is the second winter
I've had