Re: h. foetidus

Sounds like you have the true species, Judy.  I do think location
plays a big part in how large H. foetidus will get - mine vary quite
a bit, with those in better spots getting right huge and those in not
so salubrious locations staying smaller.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Judy L Browning <judybrowning@lewiston.com>
>
> Someone mentioned their H. foetiditus only seems to live a few
years. That
> seems to be the pattern with mine. From seed to mature/blooming is
2 1/2 -3
> years, blooms for couple-three years, then dies.
> So far the seedlings I've allowed to mature look just like momma,
except for
> varying in height from 18-36 inches. The tallest ones are some I
gave away
> so location may have something to do with that.
> Mine has the deeply serrated leaves, very dark green, not black.
Bloom stalk