Re: terms/hollyhock??

Marge: For about the four years previous to my discovery of it, it had
been in an area that had been dog-trampled free of all grass, and we
never noticed anything growing up through the soil when we did our
weekly doggie clean-up in the dog run (which is what we had fenced in
this part of the yard for); now, prior to that, when we did not own the
place, I'm not sure what had been happening to it...we just assumed it
had been getting mowed because it was just grass there when we first
looked at the house...no landscaping of any kind there.

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein

On Fri 01/10, Marge Talt < mtalt@hort.net > wrote:

>Well, I've missed most of this thread but didn't you say it had
beenmowed? If you did, then it is likely that it was putting up
enoughfoliage to feed the root over the years.. Poke can be cut back
andstill live if it can put out leaves to feed its massive root..

Marge Talt, zone 7 MarylandJoin Excite! - http://www.excite.com