Re: fat birdies

In a message dated 01/22/2003 7:52:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
richa@midlands.net writes:

> some black with gold speckled really ugly bird e

Starlings.  They're awful, aren't they?  And come in huge flocks.
Some years ago I encountered a family from the Bronx who had a really
unattractive child (I know, all children are really beautiful, but this
little girl was fat and awkward), and her name was Starling.  I was sure the
people, who were perfectly nice, but having grown up and lived in the Bronx,
didn't know anything about nature, just thought they were naming their child
for a bird that they thought sounded pretty.  I hope this child grew up to be
a lovely woman, and calls herself "Star."  Auralie