Re: now plant clubs- Reverse sexism?!

In a message dated 1/26/03 2:19:47 PM, cathyc@rnet.com writes:

<< National Council of State Garden Clubs >>

Cathy, is this affiliated with Federated Garden Clubs?  My big complaint with
the Federated group is the flower show emphasis but with continued
complaining I think someone is finally listening.  My club has a public
garden tour which I feel is as educational (more in my mind) as a flower
show.  The emphasis seems to be on the flower judging group.  The Garden
Study or Landscape Design programs do not receive the same honors.  The
organization will die if someone does not listen.
    Our garden club is young, old, male, female, couples, singles, new
gardeners, old gardeners and professionals.  A very nice mix!