RE: cold weather and winter gardening--outdoors?

It is basically the same thing as a plant re-seeding itself... just you
don't have the mother plant there :) Always re-seed the grass after the
cold weather has set in here, but before the snow and seeds are not that
noticeable to birds.. or they still have enough other stuff and leave it
'somewhat' alone.

Interesting thing happened at the greenhouse yesterday. Some of the
group was planting some native grass seeds. They had soaked the soil and
when they laid the seeds on it... they actually moved and set themselves
in position for sprouting... Had we *all* not seen this, and as more of
us came by to check out what they were saying and watched as more seeds
where added... I would not have believed it! Found it quite fascinating.