Re: Composting citrus

 Betsy,         I bury all non meat kitchen waste in my garden but usually
don't try citrus peels as they are VERY slow to decompose.Cutting them in
very small pieces helps. Orange peels are quite lovely dried and put in a
wooden bowl with pinecones on your coffee table.Sprinkle the cones with a
litle orange or pine essential oils if desired. They are very easy to dry..I
usually lay them out on a cookie sheet in some out of the way place but you
can put them in your oven if you have a pilot light  or at a temp of about
125. And I know you've got the pinecones in Evergreen!  Kathy z5