Re: Re: OT-Reverse sexism< Ms. Mrs.

Andrea,
Re >Never cared for the Junior thing.
> Makes no sense to me. and then you have to comeup with a way to
distinguish
> which male you are peaking of. My friend calls her son and husband 'Son
> Larry" and "Daddy Larry!"

I was in my 20s before I realized my cosin Gary was actually Peter (Peter
Gerard), a Jr named after his father.

At my Uncle Bob's wedding to my Aunt Loretta my mother sat in the back pews
in case she'd have an asthma fit.  Some people arrived late and sat behind
her.  When the priest said "Do you James take Helen" the latecomers thought
they were at the wrong wedding.  But this is where this story is different.
Bob was named for his father James, but his name was James Edward Morrissy.
I don't think anyone knows where the name Bob came from.  And Helen?  When
she was born, her father wanted to name her Helen after his mother, and his
wife wanted her named Loretta.  As usual in those days the man won out, but
she said, "Fine, it's Helen.  But I'll never call her that."

Kitty