From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 8:00 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Happy New Year!

As I sit here looking at my "Cat Lovers Against The Bomb" calendar, I think
I might be ahead of schedule - just a tad.  I just separated and potted up
cuttings taken this fall.  I had 4 large bulb pans of 7 cuttings each of
Persian Shield.  At the rate these puppies grow, I will be taking cuttings
from the cuttings.  Also clipped about 300 flower stems off the Silver
Squill.

I may have mentioned that I just got my very first dishwasher.  I used it to
scrub up all the quart containers for my cuttings.  Also some open-bottom
flats.  Then I tried the permanest trays and grids.  I can only fit 3 grids
in the top and 2 trays in the bottom, but it sure beats cleaning them by
hand.

Of course, the lame contractor that did my kitchen - when he put the sink
back in, it was too high, because the counter was too thick, so he redid the
drain and it came apart and soaked the floor. I have a coffee can holding up
the "U" portion of the pipe now.

Off to a good start for 2004!

Kitty