From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Melody
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 1:40 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Progress on the garden wall

Theresa: Oh, could you let me come and help plant something? anything?
:-) With about 7 inches of snow on the ground from a weekend long
snowstorm, it now feels like a proper midwest winter here...but it has
also gotten darned cold...temps. in the single digits with winds 10-20
mph thereby dropping the windchill down into below zero temps...brrr!!!!
Probability for more snow later in the week, but just a little. Your
pictures were great...it is always so wonderful to see what people on
this list are working on in their own gardens. My husband and I have
long been talking about putting in a retaining wall along our front
sidewalk and this spring will probably be our year to do this
project...won't be as extensive a job as yours and the wall will most
likely be lower but you've provided some great inspiration, so thanks a

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein