Re: Gene's Catalogue & Hort.net Pictures

Well, Gene, I was looking at the papaer catalog. And the word flava is
what caught my eye. This is another reason it is helpful to know even a
little bLatin. So now I've just looked at Chris' photos of Tricyrtis
latifolia and I may have to try that one, too, since you indicate it is
somewhat upright. My only yellow so far is Tricyrtis macrantha ssp.
macrathopsis, which I don't know whether it's identical to your
Tricyrtis macrantha. I really love that plant but so do the slugs. So
even though I have it on a mound to accommodate the sprawling nature of
the plant, I end up propping the long stems up with short fencing while
spreading Escar-go all 'round. I think I'd like to move it to a spot
where it can hang over rocks. The (at least slightly) more upright
nature of these other 2 yellows may be more workable.