Re: Gene's Catalogue & Hort.net Pictures

    Both the Tricyrtis flava and the T. latifolia are up-right plants when
in bloom here in my garden. Different species with different habits  of
growth than the T. macrantha. As to slugs I get some minor damage to foliage
on occasion on most of them..... I do not use any slug bait up in the garden
with few rare exceptions. The tricyrtis are not damaged enough that I get
concerned. I do not feel that they are any more prone than other perennials
out there on the hillside. Perhaps it will be different in the coming
    As with most perennials the most effect display can make the difference
between ok and great in a garden. The macrantha definitely needs a log or
rock to weep over... raised bed is good next to a path.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana