Re: Glechoma was: Progress on the garden wall

Well, if it's any comfort, Melody, I don't think I'll ever be rid of
it either - or that equally dratted Duchesnia indica.  Yanking both
out can, however, provide a harmless release of built up hostility
against the idiots one has to deal with in this world:-)

I'd go after the bindweed first, too.  That's awful stuff.  Don't
make the mistake some have of trying to till it in as every teensy
bit of root just resprouts.   I have battled it for years in a couple
of spots, even so far as carefully digging up the roots and following
them as far as I was able.  Think I loathe weedy plants that spread
underground more than the seeders.  If you can keep seeders from
seeding and pull the seedlings, you'll eventually get control but
those guys who sneak around underground and spring from minute bits
of roots always seem to win the battle of the weeds.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :