From: Marge Talt [mailto: mtalt@hort.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:05:24 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Glechoma was: Progress on the garden wall

Well, if it's any comfort, Melody, I don't think I'll ever be rid
of<br>it either - or that equally dratted Duchesnia indica. Yanking
both<br>out can, however, provide a harmless release of built up
hostility<br>against the idiots one has to deal with in this
world:-)<br><br>I'd go after the bindweed first, too. That's awful
stuff. Don't<br>make the mistake some have of trying to till it in as
every teensy<br>bit of root just resprouts. I have battled it for years
in a couple<br>of spots, even so far as carefully digging up the roots
and following<br>them as far as I was able. Think I loathe weedy plants
that spread<br>underground more than the seeders. If you can keep
seeders from<br>seeding and pull the seedlings, you'll eventually get
control but<br>those guys who sneak around underground and spring from
minute bits<br>of roots always seem to win the battle of the
Gardening in
Shade<br>-----------------------------------------------<br>Current
Article: Spring
Index of Articles by Category and
Suite101.com garden topics :<br>

From: Melody <mhobertm@excite.com><br>> <br>> Marge: This stuff is
everywhere on my property...I'm not sure I can<br>get<br>> rid of it by
now...it is even in the turfgrass. Fortunately, I<br>don't<br>> have any
low growing plants that it smothers, so at this point I<br>think<br>>
I'm just going to content myself with calling it
a<br>groundcover...picking<br>> my battles in this case means devoting
myself to ridding the<br>property of<br>> the dreaded field bindweed,
which has a bad habit of climbing all<br>over<br>> my taller plants and
making a mess. Compared to that rascal of a<br>plant,<br>> the ground
ivy problem is

bearable.

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com