From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Pamela J. Evans
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 4:04 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Gene's Catalogue & Hort.net Pictures

Theresa, can you grow camellias? They only need the sun in the winter
when they are blooming and the trees have lost their leaves by then.
Mine survives very nicely in the shade the rest of the year. Even if
your soil isn't heavily acidic, I mulch mine w/ a nice 2" layer of
coffee grounds salvaged from the coffaholics at work and it seems quite
happy. I do this once a month. The foliage is very beautiful and glossy,
I get lots of compliments on mine.