RE: Gene's Catalogue & Hort.net Pictures

Actually- your suggestion isn't a bad one- I hadn't really even though of
natives.  Thanks for jogging my brain into gear!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Gene Bush
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 5:39 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Gene's Catalogue & Hort.net Pictures

    I do not have a clue. Trees and shrubs are something I very much
enjoy... they provide the shade I need for my garden since I am a
shade-gardener. To pick something that wants afternoon sun and dry for
California.... ??? sorry. Hope that someone else out there is more
knowledgeable and can assist you.  My first impulse is to say go to the
library and look for a local wildflower guide that includes shrubs. Nothing
beats a good native in the right spot.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana