From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of TeichFlora@aol.com
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 6:48 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] stone wall/clematis

Have you tried any of the varieties of Clematis texensis???  It is a native
to Texas, grows all the way down to the south.  I have one variety that is
growing next to a sidewalk, no protection of the roots, and it does
The blooms on the varieties are much larger than the native and quite showy.
Of course it is nothing like the wide open blooms of the  C. jackmannii
or such which do not grow here, but quite nice also.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 1/8/2004 10:15:28 PM Central Standard Time,