Re: clumping bamboo

I personally do not grow clumping or running bamboo.  Although I love it, I
do not have the room for it.  I would like to add a Buddha's belly clumping
bamboo to my collection, but as a pot plant, since it tends to "plump" out at the
base (hence the name) when confined.
However, my posting came from seeing many many different varieties of
clumping bamboo at Peckerwood gardens just north of here by 20 minutes, and a friend
that lives south (near Galveston) has the Buddha's belly in the ground, which
is THRIVING, much to much for his small garden.  The canes are taller than his
trees, and abundant.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 1/10/2004 11:02:50 PM Central Standard Time,