ground orchids- revisited

Hi all-

Was purusing the Munchkin nursery catalog and noticed that Gene has the
Bletilla (ground orchid), that we had talked about last year, at a very
agreeable price.  I have both the "striata" (purple) and "striata alba"
(white) growing under my front tree and the clumps are growing. They don't
seem to mind competing with tree roots, and while I do irrigate, I wouldn't
consider their location "moist" ever. These are one of my favorite plants
that I own, the flowers are lovely.