RE: update on garden/bottle brush

A picture is worth a thousand words... so :)

http://illianagardenpond.org/southside.jpg

This was taken from inside the yard looking to the street. Need
something from the fence to front of home. I may be mistaken about 16
ft, but I thought that was what I measured a few years ago and somehow
stuck in my head. I know the 53 ft is right cause I just got done buying
flooring for my basement :)

My neighbor is not into gardening as the small bed (barely visible
against the garage)was put in by previous owners. I was not planning on
adding anything to their side of that space. At one time had thought
about a mini-wildflower prairie, but DH assured me someone would end up
mowing it down.

Sounds interesting Judy, but not sure I have enough room. I also still
have to make it accessible to the meter reading folks.

I just need to get started and it would probably fall into place, or
everything get moved at later date. I am forever digging something up
and moving it anyways.... due to not liking the combo or plant not
liking the area....

Donna

> I have a similiar area between my carport & the neighbor's house, then
> board fence & garage wall. She isn't into gardening and is happy to
let me
> maintain this area. I've set up the narrower end as a winding path,
with
> spring bulbs, hostas, ferns & hellebores encroaching. Sunnier spots
have
> daylilies & roses. A wooden arch/trellis frames the south end by the
> garage,
> opening on a border with roses, daylillies, rosemary, lavenders &
lilies.
> keep in mind that she doesn't need my permission to change her
property,
> so
> anything on her side is "expendable". Nothing extremely valuable
(cash or
> emotion) to me goes there. Lots of transplanted babies from elsewhere
in
> the
> yard.

On