Re: update on garden/bottle brush

> http://illianagardenpond.org/southside.jpg

Hi Donna,

   I agree with Kitty -- that doesn't look like 16 feet.  Maybe eight?

   At any rate, I think that's a perfect space!  I wish I had a location
   like that.  :)

   I can picture all kinds of things there.  My first thought is a
   meandering path through a cottage-style garden.

   My next thought is mixture of shrubs and perennials.  I can see some
   nice Ilex verticillata 'Bonfire' (deciduous hollies), a patch of Comptonia
   (sweet fern), some Arctostaphylos uva-ursi (bearberry), and a nice
   scrambling Lonicera prolifera (a climbing honeysuckle) interspersed
   with various perennials like Anthemis tinctoria 'Hollandaise', various
   lilies, Knautia macedonica, etc...

   Mostly I'm just jealous because it appears to get some sun.  :)

   As far as Aesculus parviflora (bottlebrush buckeye) is concerned, I
   think it's too wide and spreading for that spot.  I've seen plants
   reach 15' in diameter -- your house would be overrun!

Chris