Re: Heavenly bamboo

In a message dated 01/25/2004 10:17:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chris@widom-assoc.com writes:

> If anyone would like to see pics of my nandina, I will e-mail them to
> you.  Please let me know how many you can handle at once.

I'm jealous that you can grow nandina.  It is a lovely plant, but not hardy
here, and we're not that far away from you.  Of course you have the advantage
of the warming qualities of the Sound.  I'm impressed over and over by how many
more things you can grow on Long Island than we can grow here in Northern
Westchester.  You have  beautiful aucubas there, and they don't survive here.
Auralie