Re: Habitat/ponds

I don't use chemicals either, and haven't used that particular brand, but
have used others when first starting a biofilter.  It works fine in jumpstarting
the pond in the balance process.  Have been told that one should use it each
spring when restarting the biofilter, but found that once you have a balanced
pond, this is not necessary, since the pond naturally contains the beneficial
bacteria........unless you refill the pond fresh, then it would probably be
necessary.   Biggest mistake people make, as Donna mentioned, is doing complete
water changes, or thoroughly cleaning the pond....thus getting rid of every bit
of beneficial bacteria, and having to start all over again.  Even using the
microbelift, be patient.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 1/26/2004 11:02:41 PM Central Standard Time,