Re: ponds/plants

The Salvinia are definitely not as attractive nor as beneficial in filtration
as the Water Hyacinth and lettuce.  The Water Hyacinth have the most
beautiful bloom, looking much like a peacock feather (not in texture).  The water
lettuce does bloom, but only tiny white flowers within the lettuce.  The salvinia
does not bloom at all, has very minimal roots, and multiplies even faster than
the Water hyacinth or lettuce.  So probably not the greatest addition to a
pond.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas gulf Coast
In a message dated 1/27/2004 8:14:59 PM Central Standard Time,