From: Donna  <justme@prairieinet.net>
Sent: Jan 25, 2004 11:48 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] NWF habitat certification

I guess the problem is you can not be selective when inviting
wildlife... they all seem to wander in here. Besides the normal birds, I
also have snakes, voles, rabbits, deer (thankfully only now when there
is no open water for them anywhere else), skunks, raccoons, mice,
squirrels, chipmunks, quail, pheasants, possums, I also have an owl in
one of my trees, which seems very odd for here. I am waiting for the
bats and eagles to appear soon.... I think it only proves that your
landscape attracts them... cause I am in a small city, most of these
creatures should not be here. Someone let the word out and they all
wandered in here.... unreal, it is like a darn zoo here! I also used to
get coyotes and red foxes, but haven't seen them in awhile. Guessing it
got too populated here for them.