Re: ponds

Most of the subdivision lots have 6 foot privacy fences around the back
yards, dividing the yards, unless they are large (acre or more).  This allows one
to have a swimming pool, pond, etc. without any problems.  I do have some ponds
in the front yard, which is not fenced.  The law is that anything deeper than
18" is considered a swimmingpool and must be fenced, 18" and under is
considered a water feature.   Not that anyone could not drown in 18" as well, but I
think with all the fountains, reflective pools, etc. in the Houston
area....practically every office bldg. etc. has some sort of water feature in the front,
it would be difficult to enforce a law for fencing for all of these.  Plus
there are a lot of natural bayous, ponds, lakes, etc. in the area, and none of
these are fenced either.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 1/28/2004 11:02:38 PM Central Standard Time,
gardenchat-owner@hort.net writes:
Many of you have sizeable ponds.  I assume you all have your
property