Re: bamboo

> From: EvaTEsq@aol.com
> I think I may get the Fargesia nitida.  Which ones did you like,
Marge?  BTW,
> I was originally looking for a bamboo with a culm diameter of

I was quite taken with Fargesia jiuzhaigou and Fargesia nitida
'Wakehurst', with the red culms; really dramatic from the photos they
have up.  'Course, I would like those...not the least expensive!

Also interesting, with purple culms, and slightly less expensive are
Fargesia nitida 'Ems River' , Fargesia nitida 'Ganzu 2' and esp.
Fargesia nitida 'McClure' (on which the stems are more evident from
the photo).

Some of the weeping habit forms were also interesting, but given a
choice, I'd go for the colored culms, myself as a clumper is more of
an accent plant and IMO should be a bit dramatic.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :